Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What Makes A Mother

I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked, "What makes a Mother?"
And I know I heard him say
A Mother has a baby
This we know is true
But God, can you be a mother
When your baby's not with you?
Yes, you can he replied
With confidence in his voice
I give many women babies
When they leave it is not their choice
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for the day
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay.
I just don't understand this God
I want my baby here
He took a breath and cleared his throat
And then I saw a tear
I wish I could show you
What your child is doing Here
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say
"We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear, but
My mommy loved me so much
I got to come straight here!"
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who had so much love for me
I learned my lessons very quickly
My Mommy set me free.
I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day
When she goes to sleep
On her pillow is where I lay
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear
"Mommy, Please don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I am here"
So you see my dear sweet one
Your children are okay
Your babies are here in My home
And this is where they'll stay
They'll wait for you with Me
Until your lessons there are through
And on the day that you come home
they'll be at the gates waiting for you
So now you see
What makes a Mother
It's the feeling in your heart
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start


~Author Unknown

12 comments:

lilbird and Junior said...

Amazing and exactly what I imagine for you. To know that they are waiting as much for you as you are waiting for them. But no better place than in the presence of God and family that has already passed on. I love you, think of you often, and hope you find peace each and every day!

Briar said...

Man Sarah that is a real tear jerker. You are definitely a very good Mom, Benton is a very lucky boy.

kollers said...

Wow. . what an amazing poem. I can't really see that great cause my eyes are teary but you guys are just amazing and I really admire your strength and know that your little guy is looking out for you and with you all the time. Love you Sarah!

Whitney said...

Oh Sarah, I love it! Where did you find it!? Thanks for sharing it! I'm going to steal it if you don't mind! Benton and Scotty are working hard...I'm sure of it. Love you!

Lindsay said...

Sarah, thanks for sharing that. I loved it! :) Hope you are doing okay....we'd like to do dinner with you sometime soon. Maybe after school starts.

Tara said...

Beautiful. It definitely brings tears to my eyes. You are so amazing! Benton is such a lucky little boy!

Michelle said...

The other day Kaitlyn was asking me about when I was a little girl. She asked me where she was when I was little. I told her that she was in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus. She thought about that for a moment, then said "Mom, when I was in Heaven... I gave you lots of Kisses" And it was one of those moments when I knew what she said was true, because the truth of it ran deep into my heart! I have no doubt that the veil is that thin, and Benton is definately giving you "lots of kisses"

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

Sarah, Thank you so much for sharing that. You are truly beautiful in everyway possible. Reading this makes appreciate and love my own children even more if that was possible. You are my example of strength, grace, and gratitude. You are a blessing to everyone and defiantly to your beautiful and perfect little Benton. You and Rob are amazing. Thank you so much! Every little brush of a perfect breeze is a kiss from your little Benton, every warm feeling inside and out is a hug from your little Benton, everything beautiful in this life is a smile from your little Benton.

twhalliday said...

wow sarah that brought tears to my eyes,that is so you... a wonderful mother that had to endure so much but yet you have such a special little angel waiting for you.

Unknown said...

If you don't mind i would like to use this on my blog. Zack's 5th birthday is coming up and i still have days that i miss him so much. This poem brought tears to my eyes and at the same time peace to my heart. thank you for sharing. I like to picture my boy helping his Father in Heaven and every now and then he takes a minute to check in on us and make sure we are doing ok. We are mothers-I think being a childless mother is one of the hardest things. We are very blessed to have such perfect boys!

Brady & Chelsey said...

Wow! Sarah that is so sweet! I am now bawling! I know that my baby sends me kisses all the time! There are times i feel him/her SO close and so strong! I know Benton is sending you and Rob kisses all the time! The only thing that gets me through is the gospel! The days that are the hardest i give Gus and Brady extra big hugs! I cant wait for the day we get to see our angels again! If you dont mind i'd like to borrow this poem! it is so great! Thank you for your strength! You are such an example to me! I am so sorry we have this sadness in common! But i know we will have more babies! and they will have some perfect and amazing guardian angels!

Lucy and Landon said...

such a beautiful poem! My eyes are also teary! My heart goes out to you. Someday you will be with your perfect little boy!