Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Portuguese Chickens to Plump Pigs


We didn't, but tourists can kayak down this river.

This is a stinkin portuguese chicken. These silly birds are protected on this island. Nope I couldn't even kill them at 3 in the morning when they were cocka-doodling! And they are EVERYWHERE...they pretty much run the island and instead of stopping for crossing pedestrians you stop for the chicken crossing the road.

Hanalei Beach...a few blocks from where we were staying

Plantations of Taro

Jane & Tarzan



Hello Mr. Crab...this is actually just the skeleton of one.

Queen's Bath...an incredible place where we got to hang out with the sea turtles...incredible.

He couldn't resist.
Gotta love these signs scattered around the island...
BRRRR....


Secret Cove

This is Mr. Peacock
Smith Family Luau...
You get to tour their garden before the food and hula-ing.
Sorry if this bores you to death, but I was fascinated to see where all of our produce comes from...it was Awesome!
Just missing my coconuts and grass skirt
Hybiscus


Bamboo!!!

Coconuts

Ape Man

I searched this tree to no avail

Taro...similair to the potato, but definately not as tasty. They use it to make poi a paste-like substance that they use as a condiment type of thing.

Banannas!

Star Fruit...not bad tasting

Pineapple!

Dumb dumb want gum gum... here come Hun Hun...dumb dumb better run run

We're cute

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

How fun for you guys! And I'm sure a much needed vacation! Aw...Hawaii! I'm jealous it looks so fun. I bet you had a great time. You look gorgeous Sarah!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're finally posting these! I'm jealous that you got to play with sea turtles. For some reason, that is my dream.

Amanda said...

I SO went there!! My husband also choose to jump at Queens bath despite the warning signs. LOved it! BEAUTIFUL. We also attended the Smith Family Luau.

Tiffani said...

Glad you two had that get away together!! How fun... Sarah you are amazing to me! I'm SO GLAD I get to work with you so often now!

Michelle said...

Hooray for Hawaii!!! A perfectly serene place. Love it!! And I love your strength. I wish we saw more of you on night shifts! :)

Cade and Kelsie said...

You look gorgeous in the white with the flower in your hair. It sounds and looks like you enjoyed hawaii. It's such a beautiful place. I'm glad you could get away!

Maria said...

It is beautiful. I am sooo jealous!

Baumgartners said...

You guys are so cute! What a fun time in Hawaii. I hope i bump into you sometime up there across the state line! (Are you already moved in?)

Heather Coon said...

What a fun trip! Aaron and I miss Hawaii and often talk about going back...but don't think it'll be any time soon:( I remember trying Taro too! Glad you guys got to get out of town, esp. cold weather to be in a nice place.

Emily and Ryan said...

Too much fun! Gosh, winter sure is fun isn't it. :) gotta love Logan. Well, I'm glad you guys had a fun get away. Hopefully we can keep in touch through blogging.

Michael and Krystal Cole said...

Wow it looks so fun! I am glad you could get away. The pictures are beautiful :)

Kellie said...

Yes, y'all are cute! It looks like an awesome trip. You might not want to go back to freezing cold Logan!

Brady & Chelsey said...

That looks amazing!! I have heard that that is the best place to go! It is more calm and not as crazy as some of the other islands! I am so glad you guys got to have a time to be together in a beautiful place! To kinda recharge your batteries! I am so amazed by your strength! You are an amazing example! I know in Heaven we choose some of our trials and that Heavenly Father helps us though them. But that doesn't always make it easier! I hope you are doing well! i am excited for you and your new homeownership! That is awesome! YOu are such an amazing woman! I am glad we are friends!!

brynn eyre said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I would love to be in Hawaii right now. We need to come up and see your new house! Hope to see you guys soon.

Lindsay said...

Looks like fun! I love that sign! too funny

Eric said...

I miss star fruit. I thought they tasted like green apples. We need to get together again soon.