Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

What Effect will Gay Marriage have on Your Family?

My sister-in-law sent this in an e' mail to me. If your wondering if the legality of gay marriage will affect your family, check this video out (click on link below):

From my Sister-in-law:
"I have really been struggling with this issue. Ryan is completely for Proposition 8 and I've had a harder time accepting it. A friend of mine sent me this video. It's very interesting and has helped me make my decision as to whether or not I will vote for it.

For those of you that don't know what prop 8 is, it is an amendment to the CA state constitution that will add the statement "marriage should only be between a man and a women".

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1352578267/bctid1784521903

3 comments:

THE WILSONS said...

Holy Cow Sarah... I didn't write anything remotely interesting! :) I really have struggled with it. I've talked to just about everyone that will listen. This video was the first time I found myself considering the proposition. Until now, I felt like gay marriage did not threaten me or my family. I'm all for equal rights. But, where do you draw the line??

Love you.
J

THE WILSONS said...

One more thing... I got some great advice from my Mom.... " If you're not sure about something, follow the Prophet."

Sarah Marie said...

I hope it was okay if I posted your comments and video. I have thought about this a bit also and have pretty much come to the same conclusion. I wrote a mile long post about it just to get my thoughts down. I ended up putting a lot of quotes by the brethern :)
Love you guys a lot!