Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy 5 Months Lil Man...

Rob and I went to visit Benton's grave last Friday and this is what we found...Benton's headstone had been placed!!! We didn't expect this until closer to memorial day and were so delighted!
This is Baby Land in Logan Cemetery that you can see behind Rob. It is an incredible place that has only babies buried there. The graves are covered with toys. We are so grateful that Benton gets to be here in this sacred spot.




Benton is starting to get an awful lot of toys...We get a lot of joy out of bringing him all kinds of fun!

Benton has his own farm up there thanks to Daddy especially. He owns more animals and tractors than any other Five month old I know. :)



This poem is really special to us because our sealer said it in our temple ceremony. It has hung on our wall since we were married and it's full impact came even more to life when our little man passed away and so we had it engraved on the back of his headstone.

This poem is on the back of the below angel. This head stone is the main headstone for babyland. I don't know who donated it, but it is beautiful and represents all of these beautiful little miracles.



This is engraved above the angel.

Thank you very much to all of you for your love, generosity, comments, prayers, and support! We have been so blessed! And thank you to Brown Monument for doing such a beautiful job on our little man's headstone! We couldn't have asked for a better surprise that day!

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Sarah dear. I love you! His headstone is beautiful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that poem. Happy 5 months little Benton!

Jeff & Erin said...

It looks so wonderful Sarah! I love that poem, how perfect! What a cute daddy to make sure Benton has his little farm!

Tina Fraidenburg said...

I love you, Sarah! that poem is so adorable on Benton's headstone! You two are amazing parents. I want to be just like you!

Lindsay said...

What a sweet poem on his headstone, I love that. Thanks for sharing! And that is so cute that Rob has got him all those fun animals

kollers said...

Sarah. . . that is just beautiful! That poem is absolutely perfect. You guys are amazing and I just admire your strength! I just love ya.

monkeystevens said...

The headstone is absolutely perfect. As are the toys...i'm sure he plays with them :) I didn't know that place existed; I bet it has the most beautiful spirit there. Always thinking of you...
Amanda

LJ said...

Thank you for sharing Sarah. I agree with everyone that the headstone looks great and the toys are so sweet. I too love the poem. What a beautiful reminder that you are all tied together forever. Thank you for sharing your strength with the rest of us. I truly look up to you. Happy Five months Benton.
Love you all.

Tiffani said...

I love you Sarah girl...

Lindsay said...

That poem has always been one of my favorites. The headstone is beautiful! I bet you are so happy to have it.

Lucy and Landon said...

It is beautiful! You both are so strong and wonderful. Benton has the best parents ever!

Tracey said...

What a beautiful headstone. I really like the peom on the back. Benton is very lucky to have such amazing parents.