Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Mi Casa es Su Casa
Eleven months and four offers later here we are in the great state of Idaho. Nothing too fancy, but in comparison to our last and wonderful apartment we have upgraded to a mansion. Rob has an acre or so for his goats and Axel has a bigger Rabbit pen (her old one flew out of Nick's truck on the way to it's new home). And as my father-in-law says we have joined the idiots of America in getting in debt. We are happy here and love our home and having our own yard! Hevanely Father is definately in charge and I do believe that this is where we're supposed to be.


Our Backyard

Side yard


Other side yard...garden and rabbit pen back there


We've planted some fun stuff in the yard since this picture...this is where some of my favorite free time is spent, outside in the sunshine.


Part of the fam room


Other part of the Family room/Living room


Bedroom


Spare room, no longer a storage room (it only took 2+ months:), Benton's room



It took forrrever until I finally found a shower curtain I like. If you saw our last shower, you know why this was such a big deal to me :)


El Bano


I have a place to plug in my blow dryer and it's not in the kitchen or in the bedroom. After 14 years of having no plug in the bathroom we have an electrical outlet.



The place I sometimes even cook in. Dishwashers and freezers are THE BEST!


I love having an oven that works!!!
There is an upstairs also that we plan on completing at some point in the future...room to grow. The last family that lived here had 3 kids in one room so we are good to go for several years down the road.
Thank you Judd and Katie for letting us buy your house and for doing all the dirty work before we bought it!

20 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay for home ownership! It is wonderful to have your own space that you can change as you please. Also the acreage? We are jealous! :) Keep us up on photos, I love to see them! (I too love a dishwasher and a freezer, and an oven you dare to use. Covered parking- another bonus!)

Karen said...

Your house looks very cute and cozy... I love it! I am glad you also have land for the animals.

Lucy and Landon said...

Your house is so cue! I wish we could say we had a house. It is decorated so cute!

Amanda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Before I even read your caption, when I saw the shower curtain I said to myself...."Totally awesome shower curtain!!" Where did you get it?

Tara said...

Love the house and Love Judd and Katie! Glad to see you are closer to Pat and Dirk. And I totally agree-sitting out in the sun or working in the yard is the best!

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

The house looks so great and so cute! I absolutely love the bathroom and shower curtian. Congrats on buying a house. Where in Idaho are you at my dear friend? I hope you aren't far from me. That would be so awesome if you were close to Pocatello. Well lovely dear loves!

Isaac said...

Isn't having a place all your own great? I had to laugh about your comment that freezers are the best, isn't amazing the little things we appreciate when we've done without?
Struggling through collage, or any other trial in our lives help us savor the "little" things that much more. :-)

alex-and-laura said...

What a great place! It looks fabulous. Can't wait till we're in a place of our own too!

Kellie said...

Love the shower curtain (I have a hard time finding ones I like, too) and love Legolas standing there next to the window!

Jordan and Rachel said...

Sara,
I love the house. How exciting for you to have a your own place. I am still waiting for that day:) After three years of marriage I finally got a dishwasher too in our apartment. You are quite the little homemaker. You know what I was thinking of the other day...snowcones...and our happy memories working at Ye Olde Winn Mill. Love Ya, Rachel

Baumgartners said...

What a cute house Sarah! I love it, and all of your huge yard! How fun!I will have to come see it in person soon (we're moving out on Saturday!).

Jeff & Erin said...

You have such a cute little house! Love it!

Tracey said...

How cute!! That's so exciting for you guys. So did you guys do any of the renovation on the inside? I loved colored walls:) I can't wait until we have a house and can paint the walls!

Heather Coon said...

I love it! It all looks so nice! We can't wait to live in our own house...That bench in your bedroom where did you get it?

Brady & Chelsey said...

Sarah! I love your house! So cute! Brady and i were up in idaho looking at some houses just last week and i said "Hey! Rob and Sarah live up here!" But we were unsure the exact location of Fairview. You have it decorated so cute! I have a place in my heart for red walls! My kitchen has one as well! I think Benton LOVES his room! I am sure we will be ok with letting his siblings use it! His headstone is BEAUTIFUL!! I talked to your dad the other day and we had a sweet moment talking about our shared heartache! You have an amazing father! I just love him to death! We think about you guys all the time! Brady and i continue to pray for you and we are glad you guys are doing alright! I know somedays are good and then the next day is hell! We love you and I hope you have a special mothers day!! :-)

Maria said...

Thank you for sharing! Sorry I haven't been able to come see it IRL yet but it looks so perfect and cozy. I am so happy for you and Rob. I am thinking of you today.

Tiffani said...

I love your house... so do my kids, they never want to leave it!

twhalliday said...

yea, for you guys im happy for you. its a VERY cute place.i wanted to come and see your house while we were there just so much going on..

Idaho Rob said...

Heather,
My Brother made it for my birthday out of a couple of old wakeboards I had. I love it. Hope you read this someday so you know.

Mike and Larissa said...

HELLO!!!!
your new house looks like it has so much more room :D haha looks like mike can walk around in it :D haha How are you doin? we need to come up and visit you :D